12.03.2007

Smokin' Idea of the Week

I admit, I don't know much about baking soda. I understand that some people actually bake with it, but the last two weeks it's only been good for keeping my leftover stuffing from smelling like my deviled eggs.

A company called Skyonic has developed a method to extract baking soda from the CO2 emitted as waste from industrial smokestacks. The baking soda will be food grade and suitable for home or industrial use.

This great example of innovative thinking is just the way to mark the beginning of the U.N. climate conference in Bali, Indonesia. Creative solutions to growing environmental challenges aren't too much to hope for as the nations of the world come together this week.

No comments:

Our blog is mostly about sustainable design in the interiors industry,
especially carpet. Sometimes it's just about us. Updated when we've got something good to say.